This is our first year to participate in the fund and profile-raising event called North Texas Giving Day. On September 17, 2015 from 6 a.m. until midnight, each donation of $25 and above made through our page on the North Texas Giving Day website will receive bonus funds and prizes which means that your tax deductible donation to Friends of Tandy Hills on Giving Day will go further.
Your donations to Friends of Tandy Hills are vital. There are no paid staff members in our nonprofit organization. All donations fund conservation and education initiatives. Where specifically do your donations go?
- Our award-winning outdoor education program Kids on the Prairie. Program expenses include:
- transportation to and from Tandy Hills Natural Area for 250 4th graders from area schools annually,
- field journals tailored to the local Cross Timbers prairie and aligned to Texas State and National science standards,
- onsite outdoor facilities,
- water, snacks, and lunches for the kids, teachers and bus drivers.
- Our long term goal of restoring the land itself via the Master Plan. These goals include:
- critically needed removal of invasive species,
- trail maintenance and creation,
- construction of a visitors center.
We hope you agree that Tandy Hills is a North Texas jewel, and that Friends of Tandy Hills plays a critical mission in "keeping it like it was." On Thursday, September 17, please visit FOTHNA’s page on northtexasgivingday.org anytime between 6am and midnight and click "Donate Now". Then put on your hiking boots, grab your water bottle and come, take a hike in our rare prairie remnant. Just east of downtown Fort Worth, Texas.
Thank you for joining us in our essential work!
See you on the prairie!
Our Campaign for 2015 will be here http://tandyhills.org/campaign2015
See all the folks who like Tandy Hills: http://tandyhills.org/campaign2014