April 25, 2015: 11am to Sunset
10th Anniversary Year!
The 10th annual Prairie Fest is a free outdoor festival celebrating the natural world at the Best Place to see wildflowers in north Texas.
A FW Weekly Best Outdoor Cultural Event winner, the family-friendly, solar-powered event is Saturday, April 25, 2014, 11:00 am to sunset, rain or shine.
Along with arts, entertainment, and tasty local food and beverages you’ll find prairie wildflower tours, storytellers and nature-science hikes on rolling hills, spontaneous happenings inside the Prairie Circle of artists and green exhibitors.
- Free & open to the public -
- Live, local music on 2 solar-powered stages.
- A second stage will bring speakers and ideas. Line up to come!
- Performances by trailside and tipi storytellers
- Belly dancers! End of the day drum circle!
- Scottish Pipes & Drums
- Don't miss hearing Lon Burnham, our esteemed departing State Representative for Texas House District 90 and executive director of the Dallas Peace Center, give the Key Note address at 6pm
Main stage Lineup:
11-12pm: Everybody's Darling
12:30-1:30: Deanna Valone
2-3pm: Taste of Herb
3:30-4:30: Animal Spirit
5-6pm: Brave Combo ( with Brazen Bellies dancing in accompaniment )
6:30-8: End Of The World Parade
Tandy Hills is known as The Best Place to See Wildflowers in North Texas and 2014 is shaping up to be awesome. Walking tours organized by the Google of Wildflowers, Suzanne Tuttle, of the Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge and led by Master Naturalist volunteers will entertain and surprise you.
Guided hikes begin as groups form, regularly from 11 am until 4 pm.
Explore the creations of local artists and craftspeople. 50 booths featuring everything from green products and services, vintage clothing, native plants and so much more. A local Boy Scout troop will have a rope bridge set up for the kiddos. You might also encounter impromptu kite-flyers, drummers, belly dancers and hula hoopers in the big circle.
List of exhibitors coming soon
- The festival features a kids area with educational activities and discovery hikes by Prairie Keepers find out more
- Don't miss the Boy Scout Monkey Bridge!
- Face Painting
- Giant Jenga
- 11 am BRIT Bella puppet story time for parents and pre K children
- 12:00 Bella's second pre K story time
- 12:45: Blackland Prairie Raptor Center Program (participants hike to remote outdoor classroom for a 1 - 2 pm show with raptors)
- 3 pm: Twice Upon a Time afternoon show in the east slope Outdoor Classroom
- 5:15 pm: Twice Upon a Time early evening tale
- 8:15: Ghost Stories by Twice Upon a Time
Experience site-specific interactive art installations, plein air painters and “live artists”, creating art on site.
Popsicles, food trucks, local beer and more!